Buyer personas help you to describe and understand your leads and clients in order to make decisions about serving them.
You should research your customers with past data, conducting social surveys or simply interacting with them. They should be very specific and therefore you’ll end up with 3+ personas that encapsulate your potential user base. Some important questions to ask are:
- What are their demographics?
- What are their pain points?
- How much are they willing to spend?
- When do they buy?
- How long does it take them to trust a business?
- What are their goals?
- What are they afraid of?
Once you’ve got the personas set they’ll help guide every customer-centric decision:
- Copywriting and media selections
- Advertising locations
- Way you interact and dress
- Quality of products and services
- Things you can leave out and still succeed
- Integrations with other businesses
- How much you charge
The questions can be focused or broad while still relating to their interaction with your business. For more about personas check out:
- Ease: Tough
- Cost: Free
- Scope: Medium
- Speed: Slow
- Reach: City