As popularity for podcasts keep increasing, so does the opportunity to use it as a marketing strategy. Using podcasts to bring awareness to your brand is a way to get into untapped markets.
You can ask the interviewer if she can include any info on a new product etc. but don’t try to make this one big advertisement. People don’t listen to podcast to hear ads (companies pay for those and they are short)
- Research a list of all podcasts relative to your niche
- Rank the list with factors to be considered are number of listeners, demographic, professionalism of the host, etc. It’s important to listen to some of their podcasts to get a better sense of what they do.
- Before you contact them you need some kind of story of struggle, growth or another interesting thing their listeners might want to hear
- Contact the hosts with personalized requests for an interview via email, social media, or their website
- Once you’re invited to the podcast, ensure that you prepare yourself on what you are going to talk about and responses for the questions the host may ask you
- It’s important to be in a positive mood when talking about your business as this will keep the listeners engaged and interested in what you have to say
- Focus on providing as much value and actionable advice to the listeners
- Ease: Tough
- Cost: Free
- Scope: Medium
- Speed: Normal
- Reach: Global