Google Sitelinks is an Adwords extension that allows you to link multiple webpages to a single ad without paying more. The result is a bigger ad with more links, pushing competitor results further down the page. Though there’s some setup and learning time, it’s worth it and will likely increase your click-through rates if done properly.
What are the benefits of Google sitelinks?
- Increased click-through rates: A bigger ad with more links to relevant content increases the number of clicks your ads will get. This helps you get data more quickly to improve your ads and on-page content using A/B tests.
- Better intent targeting: Since people can quickly browse the links and descriptions in the sitelinks ad, they can decide what they’re most interested in.
- Advertise products for general queries: Your linked pages can be product pages that include the names and description of each product. This improves intent-targeting further to pinpoint buyers.
- Reduced bounce rate: For example someone may have searched “dog leash” when they really meant “dog harness”, and if your links separate the two.
- More room to list benefits: Each page gets its own description, providing room to sell the benefits of each product or services without coming off as cluttered.
- Push competitor content down: Because sitelinks take up more space on the page, they push the content of your competitors down. This is especially important on mobile and tablet devices where content may be pushed off the screen.
- Ad comes off as organic/trustworthy: With links and descriptions to the inner pages of your site, the entire ad looks more like an organic search result than an ad. This encourages trust with people viewing your ad.
- Positive brand appearance: Sitelinks look impressive. Having your brand and site associated with a bigger, more detailed result in Google is a positive signal to potential customers.
How to setup Google Sitelinks
- Ease: Doable
- Cost: Free
- Scope: High
- Speed: Normal
- Reach: Global