This is an exercise to take you out of a narrow frame of mind when thinking about how to reach customers. Choose a mix of physical and digital locations. Do you know the “Crane operator” profession has dozens if not hundreds of private Facebook groups – some with 30,000+ people? The market is out there and you have to find out where.
Before doing this it’s a good idea to know your customer personas, since that will help give you clues about where they would be and why.
Where to Look
- Ask customers where to find more people like them
- Search google for related forums
- Look for Facebook and LinkedIn groups
- Ask related suppliers where they find their customers
- Look for trade organizations
- Search for clues in magazines or other publications that serve the market
- Try to find relevant meetups
- Ease: Doable
- Cost: Free
- Scope: Medium
- Speed: Slow
- Reach: Global